2009年8月26日水曜日

egg toast with soft cheese and olives


I don’t have very good bread right now. Its mushy, bland flavorless cheap stuff from the bodega and it went stale in about four hours. Anyway, I decided to dry my tears and make the best of it by smothering the wonderbread taste with everything that tastes awesome in the world.

roasted red pepper
sliced olives
arugula
sopressata
baguette
soft cheese

I soaked the bread in an egg and milk to revive the moisture. Then I gently roasted a red peper with four whole cloves of garlic. I spread the egg toast with a mild soft cheese (I use laughing cow), sliced kalamata olives, arugula, and sopressata. Sopresssata is a rustic southen Italian salamae made with hot pepper. I added the red pepper and the garlic cloves, which had both become soft and sweet, balancing out the saltiness of the meat and olives. The resulting sandwich is salty, dirty, and decadent.

0 件のコメント: